Wiredrive lets you create users in your system and set unique permission levels to control who can access which files. You can assign colleagues to specific projects, empower sales reps to create and send presentations, and even let your clients log in and review only the work you want them to see. Creating and managing users is simple.
Creating New Users
Once you have logged into Wiredrive, you can go to Users > Users Directory. From here you will see the green '+ New' button to create new users.
- Click '+ New'
- Enter First & Last Name, Company(optional), email address, Password, Access Level.
- If you would like to assign a user to a project right away, simply check the box 'Then assign projects.'
- Click the 'Create User' button.
- An email with the username and a link to create a password will be sent to the email associated with the newly created account.
- *Once you receive the email, you will have 24 hours to set your password before the link will expire and you will have to re-request a password set by the user that created your account. You will be navigated to a blank page at this time.
Your new user should now be created! Please make note of the permissions that were given to this user to confirm appropriate access level.
If you have selected to assign projects to a new user, you will be redirected to the projects page where you can select the Projects tab. This tab will show three options to filter available projects by:
- Manager: This option will show all projects the user is a Project Manager for. Will be (0) for new users.
- User: This option will show all projects the user is a team member for. Will be (0) for new users.
- Unassigned: This option will show all projects the user is not assigned to yet. For new users, it's best to check and search this filter for available projects.
Sometimes, you may attempt to add a user to the system that appears to not have an account, then get a message that says that the username is taken.
If you have administrator access, you may not have access to both sides of the system. For example, if you have administrator access for the Projects side of the system, but your user has a profile in Library only, you won't be able to access their profile. If that is a case, consult a user that is an administrator on both sides for assistance.