Wiredrive Player displays media and categories hosted in your Wiredrive system in your WordPress website. You must host your own copy of WordPress’s software to use plug-ins. Download the software from WordPress.org and install it on your web hosting provider’s servers. WordPress.com accounts do not allow you to install plug-ins.
If you are currently using an older version of the Wiredrive Player on your WordPress-powered website, please read the backward compatibility notes before updating to version 3.1.0.
*This plugin will require some technical knowledge of Wordpress and Web Design. If you have a designer or are looking to implement this plugin we suggest contacting Web Designer or administrator for assistance.
- Log into your WordPress account.
- Go to the Plugins Menu and select Add New from the Plugins menu.
- From the Search field, select Author from the search options drop-down menu, enter Wiredrive and click Search Plugins
- Click Install Now under the plug-in
- Click Plugins from the Plugin menu and make sure that the plug-in is activated
Alternative Installation Option
Use the following instructions if you experience difficulty using the simple installation method
- Download the Wiredrive Player from the WordPress.org plug-in directory
- Log into WordPress and select Add New from the Plugins menu
- Click Upload from the top menu
- Click Choose File and locate
- Click Install Now
- Once the plug-in is uploaded, you will be prompted to activate it.
- For additional information on the setup of Presentation URL please see the useful article.
- Visit the Github for details and files for customization.
- Certain aspects of the Wiredrive player plugin allow for further customization. This allows you to change colors of certain elements, set a default player size, change text attributes and more.
- To access the player settings menu, navigate to Settings> Wiredrive Player in the dashboard menu.
- This will bring up the Wiredrive Player Settings menu.
This refers to the width and height if the media player. We suggest using the dimensions of the smallest media in your source Presentation so that no files are stretched.
Element colors and properties
- These refer to the various player element colors. You can enter a hex value here or use the color picker wheel.
- Stage: Area behind the player window; may be visible between loading media or when different files with different aspect ratios are being fed through the player
- Thumbnail tray background color: standard inline player only
- Category Container: The box in which categories appear.
- Previous and next arrows: standard inline player thumbnail tray only.
- Active file border: the one-pixel border that outlines the thumbnail image in the tray of the file currently playing; the standard inline player only
- Pillarbox and letterbox opacity: Enter a decimal value from 0 (transparent) to 1 (full black). This fills in the pillar box or letterbox bars with a grayscale
Element colors and properties
- This refers to both the title and the credit text. You can specify how many Categories show in the player menu.
- Category text alignment: Determines where under the playback window categories appear.
Ideas from existing clients