You can upload to Wiredrive from your Dropbox account, making it easier to manage files and collaborate beyond the desktop. Many Wiredrive users mentioned to us that they use a company Dropbox system for asset storage + organization, so this integration bridges the gap between cloud-based bulk file storage and the review and approval features of Wiredrive.
To upload into Wiredrive from Dropbox:
- Log into Wiredrive.
- If using Projects, navigate into the project + folder you wish to upload into (this function works in Library as well).
- Select "Upload."
- Within the upload window, select "Choose from Dropbox."
- This will prompt you to log into Dropbox using your Dropbox account credentials.
- Locate the files you wish to upload into Wiredrive and select "choose" (you can select multiple files by holding "shift" and clicking files).
- Wiredrive will start importing files from Dropbox into the location you selected (please note that files uploaded from Dropbox will count towards your Wiredrive storage).
- Wiredrive will show upload progress and alert you when uploads are complete. Once complete, refresh the page to see your new files.
- You need a Dropbox account and credentials to log in to Dropbox in order to use this feature.
- Files uploaded from Dropbox into Wiredrive are written to the Wiredrive storage servers, so these will count towards your monthly average.
- If you hold down the "shift" key on your keyboard and click files, it will allow for multiple file selection.
- Wiredrive is still as secure as it was before this integration existed. This integration requires that users enter credentials in Dropbox in order to use it, so it does not allow unauthorized access to Wiredrive.
- Yes, you can drag and drop from your synced Dropbox folder from your desktop. You do not need to use the Dropbox integration for this.
- You can not sync your Dropbox account and my Wiredrive system for automatic uploads.