We are proud to announce the launch of our new User Management section in Wiredrive. Making it easier for administrators to view, edit, and make bulk actions to their user directories in seconds.
Wiredrive lets you create users in your system and set unique permission levels to control who can access projects or library content. You can assign colleagues to specific projects, empower sales reps to create and send presentations, and even let your clients log in and review only the work you want them to see. Creating and managing users is simple.
Creating New Users
Once you have logged into Wiredrive, you can go to Users > Users Directory. From here you will see the green '+ New' button to create new users.
- Click '+ New'
- Enter First & Last Name, Company(optional), email address, Password, Access Level.
- If you would like to assign a user to a project right away, simply check the box 'Then assign projects.'
- Click the 'Create User' button.
- An email with the username and a create password link will be sent to the email associated with the newly created account.
Your new user is now created! Please make note of the permissions that were given to this user to confirm appropriate access level.
If you have selected to assign projects to a new user, you will be redirected to the user page where you can select the Projects tab. This tab will show three options to filter available projects by:
- Manager: This option will show all projects the user is a Project Manager for. Will be (0) for new users.
- User: This option will show all projects the user is a team member for. Will be (0) for new users.
- Unassigned: This option will show all projects the user is not assigned to yet. For new users, it's best to check and search this filter for available projects.
Once you have checked the box next to the projects you want the user to be a part of, click save at the bottom of the screen.
Bulk User Management
In some cases, you would like to change permissions or delete several users all at the same time. Now with the new bulk user management, you can select as many users as you would like and select the action that you would like to perform.
To do a bulk update to users:
- Checkbox the users you would like to make the change to or 'Select All' to make a change to all users in your user directory.
- To the left of the user, search clicks the blue button that appears that says 'Manage # Users'.
- You will receive a pop-up with the option to change Project/Library Permissions or delete the select users.
- Select the permissions you would like these users to have for library and projects.
- Once complete click 'Change # Users Permissions'.
Unassign Project Managers
In some cases, you may need to delete a user or several users that are assigned to multiple projects as Project Managers. You may also want to simply switch out a Project Manager without having to find a Project and edit it. With the option to bulk delete users, you will need to re-assign a Project Manager for any user that is currently a Project Manager, before the user account can be deleted. You no longer have to go into each project to change the project manager.
Deleting Project Managers:
- Go to Users> Users Directory.
- Select the user(s) you would like to delete.
- Select the 'Delete' in the top right 'Manage User' drop-down.
- If any users in your selection is a Project Manager, you will be prompted to choose a new Project Manager.
Unassigning a Project Manager:
- Go to Users > Users Directory.
- Select the user that is also a Project Manager you would like to unassign.
- Select the 'Unassign Project Manager' for the settings gear in that user's row.
- You will be prompted to choose a new Project Manager.
- At this time, you will have to click each user to modify projects that user is assigned to. While editing your account projects, projects that you are a project manager for are in red, and you can be removed from without going to that project and replacing the project manager with the above un-assignment option.
- During user creation, if you do not select a permission level you can still create the user, but you will not have the option to assign them to a project till they are given proper permissions.