In some cases, you would like to change permissions or delete several users all at the same time. Now with the new bulk user management, you can select as many users as you would like and select the action that you would like to perform.
To do a bulk update to users:
- Checkbox the users you would like to make the change to or 'Select All' to make a change to all users in your user directory.
- To the left of the user, search clicks the blue button that appears that says 'Manage # Users.'
- You will receive a pop-up with the option to change Project/Library Permissions or delete the select users.
- Select the permissions you would like these users to have for library and projects.
- Once complete click "Change Users' Permissions"
Unassign Project Manages
In some cases, you may need to delete a user or several users that are assigned to multiple projects as Project Managers. You may also want to simply switch out a Project Manager without having to find a Project and edit it. With the option to bulk delete users, you will need to re-assign a Project Manager for any user that is currently a Project Manager, before the user account can be deleted. You no longer have to go into each project to change the project manager.
Deleting Project Managers:
- Users> Users Directory
- Select the user(s) you would like to delete.
- Select the 'Delete' in the top right 'Manage User' drop-down.
- If any users in your selection is a Project Manager, you will be prompted to choose a new Project Manager.
Unassigning/Change a Project Manager:
- Users > Users Directory
- Select the user that is also a Project Manager you would like to unassign.
- Select the 'Unassign Project Manager' for the settings gear in that user's row.
- You will be prompted to choose a new Project Manager.
- At this time, you will have to click each user to modify projects that user is assigned to. While editing your account projects, projects that you are a project manager for are in red, and you can be removed from without going to that project and replacing the project manager with the above un-assignment option.
- During user creation, if you do not select a permission level you can still create the user, but you will not have the option to assign them to a project till they are given proper permissions.