In some cases, you may have a reel or a specific file that does not play. There are several reasons why a file will not play and several solutions that can be applied to properly correct this issue.
- You file is improperly encoded and is not H.264 video compression or AAC audio compression.
- You file format is not a supported format currently supported by Wiredrive. Please check our Supported File Types Page.
- Your file was uploaded but requires transcoding for a web version playback and was not transcoded (files uploaded prior to 2016).
- Make sure your file is encoded in the minimum encoding requirements outlined in this article.
- Make sure your file is supported and is a playable format. For example, we do not support certain ProRes or raw video files for playback.
- Lastly, done by a Library administrator you will need to find the file under Library > Administration. Download the file and replace the file with a fresh upload of the same file. This will run the file through our transcoder to confirm it is in the best file format for web playback.